We Make Getting a Tooth Pulled Easy!
There are times when it is necessary to have teeth pulled.
Sometimes a baby tooth has misshapen or long roots that prevent it from falling out as it should, and a tooth extraction is needed to make way for the permanent tooth to erupt.
At other times, a tooth may have so much decay that it puts the surrounding teeth and jaw at risk of decay, so it may be recommended that a tooth extraction is required and replaced with a bridge or dental implant. Infection, orthodontic correction, or problems with a wisdom tooth can also require a tooth extraction.
Tooth Extraction With The Carrollton Dentist
When it is determined that a patient needs one or more teeth pulled, many times it can be done during a regular family dentistry checkup. In other instances, a separate appointment may be necessary.
After a tooth extraction, neighboring teeth may shift causing problems with chewing or with your jaw joint function. To avoid these complications, we can recommend options to replace the extracted tooth with a bridge, partial denture, or tooth implant.
From the extraction itself to restoration, we can help you restore your oral health!
Reasons for Tooth Extractions
There are many reasons why a tooth extraction is necessary:
- Crowding | If the teeth are crowded in your mouth, you may need to have teeth pulled.
- Infection | Most often, either antibiotics, a root canal, or a combination of both can save a tooth. However, if the infection is severe, we may need to perform a tooth extraction. Even if there is a risk of infection, getting teeth pulled is the best course of action in some cases.
- Periodontal (Gum) Disease | If you have gum disease in an advanced stage and your tooth is very loose, a tooth extraction may be necessary.
- Blocking | If a tooth or some of your teeth are blocking other teeth from coming in, you may need to get teeth pulled.
- Broken Teeth | If you have a tooth or teeth that are fractured or broken and cannot be restored with crowns, you may need to get those teeth pulled in order to restore comfortable chewing ability.
- Dentures | If you are getting dentures, you may need to have teeth pulled, so the dentures will fit properly.
Whatever the reason, we will only extract a tooth if it will protect your overall oral health.
Protect Your Oral Health – Get a Tooth Pulled in Carrollton
If you need a tooth extraction, call today! Our skilled, caring team can help you.