Do you have missing teeth that are causing you to have to adjust your life in a way you would rather not? Are you avoiding going out in public or only wanting to be with people you are close to because you have missing teeth? Are some of your teeth getting worn down because you are chewing with that side of your mouth more to compensate for missing teeth?
There are several options for you to restore your smile and replace your missing teeth and get functionality back so you can do the things you love. One of those solutions is dental bridges.
What is a dental bridge and what are the advantages of dental bridges?
- A dental bridge is a device that is attached on each side to dental crowns. They bridge over the missing teeth in your smile.
- A dental bridge helps maintain the full function of your teeth, so eat what you like.
- Dental bridges can keep your other teeth from getting worn down.
- A dental bridge looks just like your natural teeth so you can smile and laugh with confidence.
- A fixed dental bridge is permanent in your mouth.
- Removable dental bridges are something like a retainer, attached to dental crowns on each side with wires.
- Dental bridges are custom made for you, so they are comfortable.
Your cosmetic dentist will attach dental bridges to the teeth on either side of a missing tooth or teeth with dental crowns. The space where the missing teeth are that the dental bridge spans is filled with natural looking artificial teeth. A bridge can be made of a combination of gold, alloys, and porcelain for strength and natural appearance.
The success of any dental bridge depends on its foundation — the other teeth to which it is attached. Therefore, it’s very important to maintain good dental health by keeping your existing teeth, gums, and jaw healthy and strong.