So you want to whiten your teeth? It’s an affordable way to enhance your smile, look younger, and feel more confident when you interact with people in business or social settings.
Here are 5 things The Carrollton Dentist recommends when it comes to teeth whitening:
- Meet with your dentist for a consultation first. There are several different teeth whitening systems and a consultation will help you ascertain which protocol is best for you.
- It is important to know that whitening does not affect existing fillings, veneers, or crowns.
- During your consultation, decide how many shades lighter you want your teeth to be at the end of the treatment. Depending on the whitening protocol chosen, your teeth can be enhanced three to eight shades. An in-office procedure achieves a degree of lightening that cannot be achieved with an OTC product. During your treatment, your dentist may apply a coating to protect your gums and roots while the bleaching agent is applied.
- An alternative protocol is to have your dentist customize a take-home kit for you. Make sure you follow the instructions exactly. First, molds are made from your upper and lower arch. Then the lab creates trays to hold the bleach. While this protocol may take longer, it is more affordable and more convenient for many patients. Teeth whitening results from either technique can last from six months to two years.
- With any of the teeth whitening systems, tooth sensitivity may occur. In most cases, it won’t last for more than a day or so. Call The Carrollton Dentist if it lasts longer.
The Carrollton Dentist offers general, restorative, and cosmetic dental services including sedation dentistry, porcelain veneers, Invisalign, and teeth whitening. At The Carrollton Dentist, quality care and a comfortable patient experience are our top priorities.
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):