If you are scheduled for cancer treatment due to a recent diagnosis or relapse, oral health is probably not your top priority. However, the team at The Carrollton Dentist reminds you to give some attention to your teeth to prevent or minimize common cancer-related dental complications.
According to the National Institutes of Health, cancer treatment can take a heavy toll on dental health.
Common Complications of Chemotherapy and/or Radiation:
- Inflammation of the mucous membranes
- Viral, bacterial, and fungal infections
- Mouth dryness (increases risk of cavities)
- Poor nutrition due to eating difficulties
- Mouth pain
- Oral bleeding
- Lifelong risk of tooth decay
- Loss of elasticity of masticatory muscles (may make opening mouth difficult)
- Bone recession due to decreased blood flow
- Tooth loss
The Carrollton Dentist wants to help you maintain oral health before, during, and after your cancer treatment. We offer comprehensive preventative and restorative dental services, including dental implants, gum disease treatment, and porcelain veneers.
We extend to our dental patients battling cancer our sincere hopes for your successful treatment. It is a pleasure to serve your dental needs.
Contact The Carrollton Dentist:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):
2440 N Josey Ln Ste 101