Dental health and dazzling smiles depend on much more than simply brushing regularly. In today’s post, your family dentist in Carrollton presents a quick refresher course on essential lifestyle practices that affect oral health. You are probably familiar with most of these recommendations, but it is helpful to get a reminder once in a while. We encourage all of our patients to maintain a lifestyle that promotes dental health as well as overall physical health. After all, the two are inseparable.
- Eat a nutritious diet.
- Eat calcium-rich dairy products like milk, cheese, and yogurt to neutralize acids that attack enamel.
- Brush gently but meticulously at least twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste.
- Make sure you clean thoroughly between teeth with dental floss or interdental cleaners such as flossing picks.
- If you have children, communicate with your family dentist in Carrollton about water fluoridation. If your municipal water supply is not fluoridated, you may want to give your children fluoride supplements.
- Get your teeth professionally cleaned twice a year.
- Have a dental examination twice yearly with your family dentist in Carrollton.
- Don’t eat a sugar frequently. Sugar triggers the production of detrimental cavity-causing acids that weaken enamel.
- Don’t snack throughout the day. This speeds up plaque production and subjects the teeth to constant bombardment with acids.
- Don’t chew on ice.
- Don’t use your teeth as tools.
- Don’t drink energy drinks.
- Don’t get oral piercings.
- Don’t ignore tooth pain or sensitivity.
If you have oral pain or haven’t visited a family dentist in Carrollton, call The Carrollton Dentist at 469-708-2049 to schedule an appointment. Tooth problems get worse over time, especially if there is decay or signs of gum disease.
At The Carrollton Dentist, we serve the Carrollton area with exceptional dental care including general and cosmetic dentistry. Ask us about restorative dentistry, porcelain veneers, Invisalign, and gum disease treatment.
Contact The Carrollton Dentist:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):